Monday, August 9, 2010

ManCamp 2010

I will be blogging this week from Colorado as we do some training there @ the 1st Annual Mancamp. For info on the genesis of the camp, check out Gordo's Blog. The basic gist goes like this...

"the idea for ManCamp came when Justin (Daerr) and I were drilling it up a mountain. I can’t remember where but the climb was long, and hard, so I’m guessing it was Arizona or Colorado. We were smacking it and J leaned over and said, “this is man training.” Something about his tone made me laugh and the concept of man training was born. I suppose there’s a little boy living in me and he likes to be a man every once in while."

Having trained with the boys in the past, this will be a solid week of swim/bike/run with a heavy emphasis on the bike.

I'm recovering from a nasty GI bug last week that threatened my presence at the camp, so the first few days will be as tranquil as the terrain will allow. Today we started off with a little "renegade" training, as my kind 1st night Boulder homestay (thanks Brooke) JD revolted from the 5:45 swim. We got a nice 5 miles on the Wonderland Trail before meeting up with the boys for our ride (JD says renegades of Funk by Rage Against The Machine should be in the background of all of our renegade sessions from hereafter).

Mayor meeker, Taylor & Chris from SC joined in for the ride up to Estes Park. It was a nice steady pull up Big Thompson Canyon until Glen Haven, then I took the caboose over peak into Estes. Solid 3hours and change of riding to ease into camp. More to come.

No comments: