Friday, March 19, 2010
Just got back this past weekend from our Spring Endurance Corner Tucson Camp. The camp was incredibly well organized by camp director and pro triathlete Justin Daerr. It was great to see old & new campers alike and, like always, gain some early season inspiration from my training partners.
The pic above is the pool we swim...great environment to kick off the training season.
I also to forward this email I received from my buddies in TriCoWS (Tri Club of Winston-Salem. This is one task worth doing. See below
Recently Tony Kornheiser of ESPN went on a rant against cyclists going as far as advocating running over them. Some of his comments included:
"Run them down, like Wile Coyotes, run them over. Just stay on the right. Stay on the right."
"And they all wear...my God...with the little water bottle in the back and their stupid hats and their shiny shorts, they are the same disgusting poseurs that come out in the middle of a snow storm with cross country skiing on your block. Run them down."
I have just filed a complaint with the FCC. I would ask all of you to do the same. Given the recent death of Adam Little, we don't need people like this on the public airwaves.
To file a complaint go to: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm
Click on the radio button: Broadcast (TV and Radio), Cable, and Satellite Issues.
Proceed to the next page. Click on the radio button: Unauthorized, unfair, biased, illegal broadcasts (does NOT include Obscene, Profane or Indecent material) This does however, include "Broadcasting threatening or intimidating statements about an individual or group."
Proceed to the next page and select the online form. Complete your consumer information. You will then need to complete Form 2000E. Pertinent information that needs to be included:
1. What is the name of the company that is the subject of your complaint? Red Zebra Broadcasting (ESPN 980)
2. If your complaint is about a radio or television station, provide the following information: Station call sign (e.g., "KDID," "WZUF," "KDIU-FM," "WZUE-TV"): WTEM, WWXX and WWXT
Station location: City: Rockville State: Maryland
If you are complaining about a particular program, provide the following information:
1. Network: ESPN980
2. Program name: Tony Kornheiser Show
3. Date of program (mm/dd/yyyy): 3/11/2010
4. 10:00 am
5. Provide the details of your complaint, including the time, date and nature of any conduct or activity complained of and identifying information for companies, institutions or individuals involved (if not already described above): During his show on March 11, 2010, Mr. Kornheiser advocated violence against anyone riding a bicycle on a public road. Specifically, Mr. Kornheiser stated "Run them down, like Wile Coyote's, run them over." Using public airwaves to advocate violence against cyclists is unacceptable and should not be tolerated.
Please take a moment to file the complaint and forward this on to others. Hopefully, we can get morons like Tony Kornheiser off the airwaves, and maybe, just maybe, make cycling a little bit safer.