Friday, October 24, 2008

The weather cooperated this past weekend and I was able to complete my long bike ride outside. It was a challenging ride that started after a 3,000 yd. swim, a quick coffee/nutrition break, and right into the ride. A local cyclocross stud, who was was taking a break from racing after 5 races/15 days, agreed to ride easy the first couple of hours with me. His easy is a bit different than mine...2 hours later with an avg hr exceeding 152, I proceeded solo for additional 3:45 that included a climb up hilltop and bogus basin. Needless to say, I was a bit toasted, but happy that I was still able to elevate my hr on the last climb. My avg. hr for the day was 144, so I will shoot for a goal hr similar to that for the Silverman ride.

So, my MBT continued to drift down a small amt. this week.

MBT Results:
Date Watts Duration Avg. HR
9/28 180 60 min 147
10/6 180 60 min 135
10/13 180 60 min 131
10/20 180 60 min 130

But, as Gordo commented earlier, it will be interesting to see how it looks when I'm rested. This weekend I'm in Boston with the family visiting friends, so I will be off the bike for 3 days.
Monday's test will be interesting.

Till then,
J

1 comment:

Gordo Byrn said...

What sort of AP/NP did you see with that level of long ride intensity? That sounded like a VERY solid ride.

papa g